Responding to Special Needs of Urologists
As a treating physician dedicated to best patient care, are you concerned about who is actually signing out your patient’s diagnosis?
Do you worry that an overworked, inexperienced pathologist at some large and impersonal laboratory across the country might not give your patient the attention he so richly deserves?
Does the pathologist take the time to personally communicate to you crucial results?
We at Integrated Pathology understand your concerns and have established our Anatomic Pathology Laboratory on the premise that patient care is a top value. We are uniquely positioned to provide diagnostic pathology services to urologists performing prostate biopsies in their offices, and bladder biopsies, penile biopsies, testicular biopsies, stone removal, etc. in Surgicenters. Stones received at Integrated Pathology are sent directly to a referenced lab for chemical analysis. To assure smooth seamless service, our knowledgable and personable sales/field representatives and client services department are a phone call away. They work with your office manager and the rest of your staff to customize our services to your specific needs. For your convenience we provide shipping supplies, and pre-printed requisitions.
You can think of us as an extension of your own practice.
We are a one-stop shop providing special kits for all your diagnostic needs including urine samples for Cytopathology.
Trusting us with your patient’s diagnosis is a wise decision.
- We adhere to the new standards of care by providing you with 12 vial kits per patient.
- We provide timely, clear and concise reports which contain reliable and relevant information conducive to better patient management.
- Our reports integrate the latest thinking in pathology concepts and methodology, including immunohistochemical stains to distinguish challenging benign vs. malignant prostate cases, and when necessary, immunohistochemical stains to distinguish hyperplastic, dysplastic, and CIS urothelial lesions.
- When appropriate, digital images are provided as part of the final report.
- Correlations are made between biopsy and urine cytopathology reports in bladder lesions.
We believe medicine is a calling, and patient care is the top priority.
With that in mind we:
- Are accessible, easy to communicate with and eager to partner with you for the benefit of the patient entrusted to our care.
- Fax, and upon request electronically transmit pathology diagnostic reports.
- Follow up with phone calls to physicians on interesting and unusual cases.
- Consult for second opinion with Jonathan Epstein MD, of Johns Hopkins Medical School, the premier prostate pathology expert in the world.
- Provide friendly and reliable courier service.
- Work with all insurance plans, billing the insurance company directly. Patients will only be billed for allowable co-payments and deductibles, as mandated by federal law in amounts determined by their insurance plan.