Responding to Special Needs of Podiatrists
As a treating podiatrist dedicated to best patient care, are you concerned about who is actually signing out your patient’s diagnosis?
Do you worry that an overworked, inexperienced pathologist at some large and impersonal laboratory across the country might not give your patients the attention they so richly deserve?
Does the pathologist take the time to personally communicate to you crucial results?
We at Integrated Pathology understand your concerns and have established our Anatomic Pathology Laboratory on the premise that patient care is a top value. We are uniquely positioned to provide diagnostic pathology services to podiatrists performing procedures in their offices, surgicenters, and other outpatient settings. To assure smooth, seamless and personalized service, our knowledgeable and professional sales/field representatives and client services department are a phone call away. They work with your podiatrists, office manager, and the rest of your team to customize our services to your specific needs. For your convenience, we provide special specimen transport kits with pre-filled containers, and customized pre-printed podiatry requisitions.
You can think of us as an extension of your our practice, with our considered podiatric pathology expertise in:
- Specialized PAS staining techniques for nail fungal disorders (Onychomycosis)
- Small fiber neuropathy diagnosis
- Skin tumors, cysts, and lesions evaluation to include melanoma
- Austin bunionectomy, hammertoe, bone fragments and arthroplasty tissue evaluation
- Plantar Fibromatosis diagnosed
- Bone disorders of the leg and foot, with decalcification for degenerative joint disease, gout and ostomyelitis
- Tumors of cartilage and bone evaluation
- Soft tissue tumors diagnosis (benign and malignant)
- Interosseus Neuroma evaluation
- Polarizing lens evaluation for gout and pseudogout
Trusting us with your patient’s diagnosis is a wise decision.
- We provide timely, clear, concise, and accurate reports which contain reliable and relevant information conducive to better patient management.
- Our reports integrate the latest thinking in pathology concepts and methodology. For example, melanoma reports include prognostic parameters/indicators from the 2010 College of American Pathologists Cancer Protocols. This information is crucial for follow-up treatment and management.
- Interpretive comments are offered as necessary to clarify and elucidate points that may affect podiatric follow up and treatment plan. For example, commenting on dysplastic nevi criteria to avoid potential excessive surgery.
- When appropriate, digital images are provided.
We believe medicine is a calling, and patient care is the top priority.
With that in mind we:
- Provide 24 hour Turn-Around-Time on routine cases. Same day diagnosis is available for urgent cases and unusual circumstances.
- Are accessible, easy to communicate with and ready to partner with you for the benefit of the patient entrusted to our care.
- AutoFax reports, and upon request provide secure web-based reporting.
- Archive your patients’ reports for safekeeping and easy retrieval.
- Interface with your practice EMR in accordance with HIPPA standards.
- Follow up with phone calls to podiatrists on interesting and unusual cases.
- Consult with world renowned Philip Leboit, MD – Director of Dermatopathology, University of California at San Francisco, and his team of six dermatopathologists for challenging cases requiring second opinions.
- Provide friendly and reliable courier service.
- Work with all insurance plans, billing the insurance company directly. Patients will only be billed for allowable co-payments and deductibles.